Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lesson 177 & 178 - 163-166

LESSON 177


God is but Love, and therefore so am I.


(163) There is no death. The Son of God is free.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(164) Now are we one with Him Who is our Source.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.





LESSON 178


God is but Love, and therefore so am I.


(165) Let not my mind deny the Thought of God.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(166) I am entrusted with the gifts of God.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.







The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-



Lesson 177
Review: "God is but Love and therefore so am I."
"There is no death. The Son of God is free.
Now are we one with Him Who is our Source."

The ego would have me believe that the time that we would be one with our Source is a long way off. The lesson today tells us that now we are one with God, Who is our Source. We are one now. I find it is helpful to think about that. We all are one with God now. God is Where we came from and God is Where we are now. Our real dwelling place is in Heaven with God. And we dwell in Heaven now with God. I find it helpful to think about the fact that we all are in Heaven now. We are all joined as one, now. It is not off in the future, but now.

Holy Spirit, I open my mind to You, that I may remember that I am still one with my Source. I am still in Heaven along with everyone. There has never been any separation. I open my mind to You so that I may remember this when I feel frustrated or afraid. I open my mind to You so that Your healing Light will shine away all my false ideas of limitation and belief in a world of time and space.

Help my willingness to recognize the eternal truth. The Son of God is still one in God. The Life we all live in God is eternal happiness. Let me not try to make something else real. Help me lay down my foolish dreams of being separate from God and my brother. The Son of God is still one with God. All That God created is still Love and nothing else. Holy Spirit, thank You for holding the Light and helping my foolish dreams fall away. Thank You.


God is eternal Life. The belief in death is an attempt to limit God and therefore is a fantasy that could never be true. All the things I see in the world that seem to have the potential to harm me or change me in any way are symbols of belief in death. They represent the idea that it is possible to change God.

If I remain one with an unchangeable, eternal Source, then it is impossible that I could be changed. I am as changeless as my Source. As I allow myself to fully accept this fact, it brings me great comfort. In truth I am invulnerable. There is nothing to fear. There is nothing to feel guilty about because I have not done the impossible. I have not changed God nor His Son. My brother, Who is the Son of God along with me, shares the Son's invulnerability, his changelessness. Therefore I could no more harm my brother than I could be harmed. There is no death. The Son of God is free.

As I can fully accept this idea, I can forgive myself for what I thought I did but never happened. As I release myself, I release my brother, for I no longer feel a need to project my perceived guilt upon another.

My perfect safety lies in my oneness with my Source. Here there is no death. Here there is no limitation. I am free. I need not worry about what may come tomorrow nor fear consequences of something I think happened in the past. I am perfectly safe now in my changeless, eternal Source. My Source is my Home and I am free.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.


Lesson 178
Review: "God is but Love and therefore so am I."
"Let not my mind deny the Thought of God.
I am entrusted with the gifts of God."

Since God is but Love, the Thought of God must be Love. Thus today's lesson is reminding me to not deny Love. Since God is but Love, His gifts must be gifts of Love. Because Love always extends Itself, when I am entrusted with God's gift of Love, God has full confidence in me to extend that Love. That is what the Son of God does. The one Son of God is Love's extension and is given God's full creative ability to extend that Love.

As I practice letting go of denying Love, which means looking at my barriers to Love and taking them to the Holy Spirit to be removed, I will see that Love has always been there. It is I who have hidden it from my awareness. I am being asked here to lay down all resistance to being as I was created.

It is time to let go of the search for specialness and join with my real Identity, God's Love. This is where my real happiness lies. This is where I find joyous fulfillment and deep gratitude. I ask the Holy Spirit for His vision and I see the Light of Christ shining in the faces of all my brothers. I feel the joy of being with friends everywhere. There are no enemies, no adversaries, no competitors. Only precious companions along a path of Light.

Happiness is found in sharing the journey of awakening. Happiness is found in seeing a brother recognize his Light, as I recognize mine. Gratitude is multiplied each time a shadow of guilt is forgiven and the Light of Love is released to be Itself.

Holy Spirit, help me to lay aside all judgments today and see the Light of Love everywhere I look. Help me to bless as I have been blessed by Your holy Presence in my mind.


Dear God, let me not deny Your oneness today. I open to Your Thoughts today. I open to Your Love. These are Your gifts and I would accept them today. Your gifts are all I have. Your gifts are all I am. There is no opposite to Your Love and I would remember that today.


"Only precious companions along a path of light." That is going to be my guide today. What a perfect thought to direct my actions. How can I be angry or frustrated with others if I see them as my precious companions? How can I feel lonely when I am literally surrounded by precious companions.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.