Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lesson 175 & 176 - 159-162

LESSON 175


God is but Love, and therefore so am I.


(159) I give the miracles I have received.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(160) I am at home. Fear is the stranger here.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.





LESSON 176


God is but Love, and therefore so am I.


(161) Give me your blessing, holy Son of God.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(162) I am as God created me.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.







The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-


Lesson 175
Review: "God is but Love and therefore so am I."
"I give the miracles I have received.
I am at home. Fear is the stranger here."

Which self will I identify with today -- the false the self or the real Self which is Love? Which self will I think is real today? If I identify with the false self, I will think that I have private thoughts. I will identify with the body. I will experience fear, loss, conflict and frustration. I will think that I am a victim and that something outside me is the source of my problems. I will think that I am separate from others and I will identify others with their bodies.

Today's lesson reminds me that all of this is not true. Today's lesson reminds me to identify with my real Self, which is Love. When I remember that Love is my true Home, fear becomes the stranger. I am open to receiving miracles from the Holy Spirit. I step back from the identity I once believed in. I leave my mind open to receive the healing touch of the Holy Spirit. And because minds are joined, I cannot help but give the miracles I have received.

Love by its very nature gives all Love to all universally. There are no barriers in Love. There are no separate bodies. There is no gap between minds. There is only one Mind, the Mind of Love. There is only universal joining, universal giving, universal receiving, universal joy, universal happiness. All is one in Love.

What kind of a day will I choose to have today? Which mind will I serve, the false mind or the universal mind of Love? It is my choice and I will receive the effects of that choice today.


All miracles have already been given to everyone. God withholds nothing, having given all of Himself in our Creation. The only reason we are not aware of the miracles we have been given is because we don't appreciate and accept them. The made up images of this world have more appeal to us than the miracles given us through the Holy Spirit.

Step by step the Course is helping us see the valuelessness of the made up world that seems so real. The vision of innocence, holiness and wholeness is ours to claim in every instant. The moment we claim it, we will give it because in this vision is the recognition of our unity with all. By its very nature, this vision must be shared.

"I give the miracles I have received" implies that I have accepted the miracles I give. My job today is to walk with Holy Spirit as my Guide with an open mind and an open heart. As I am open to His lead, I will share His vision and receive the miracle of recognizing the face of Christ everywhere. With His vision there is no conflict, no threat, no thought of harm or loss, only the recognition of dear and treasured brothers everywhere I look. With His vision, I look past all behavior and see the Christ.

I cannot do this alone. The idea of being alone is a barrier to vision. But I am never alone in truth. No matter how much I identify with isolation and limitation in a separate body, the Holy Spirit is always in my mind, ready to share His vision. His vision shows me my real Home where fear is a stranger, unknown because loss is impossible in my real Home.

Today I dedicate myself to walking with the Holy Spirit as my guide. All thoughts of lack or limitation I give to Him that I may be shown the truth beyond these false thoughts. My heart is filled with gratitude that I have within me the Guide to lead me Home.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.




Lesson 176
Review: "God is but Love and therefore so am I."
"Give me your blessing, holy Son of God.
I am as God created me."

"Give me your blessing, holy Son of God" is not asking my brother to do anything. It is really an affirmation to myself that I want to see the face of Christ in my brother. It is through this vision that I receive his blessing. I have had moments when my heart was filled to overflowing with Love. In these moments Love reached out through me to my brothers in warm embrace. I saw each as my friend. All barriers faded. And the more I allowed the Love to extend, the more my heart overflowed.

I believe this is a taste of what it means to accept my holy brother's blessing. In these times of overflowing Love, I feel perfectly safe and at peace. There is no holding back, because there is no sense of vulnerability and hence no need to protect. The Course is encouraging me to let this be a daily and hourly and moment by moment experience. It reflects Heaven, where there are no limits and no boundaries.

Holy Spirit, help me to open my heart today to the Love that has been given me, that I might share it with all the world. Let me see the Light in my brother and reflect his Light back to him, that we may both see the Light we share.


We wake up from this dream of separation as we are willing to look past bodies to the Light of God we all share. It is through opening to the truth of the Light in our brother that we remember that we are still as God created us. We remember that nothing has changed. We are still Love and our brother is still Love. The dream of separation is not true. The Light of God is all there is to see.

This is my practice today. I see the Light of God by making the decision to be open to the truth. The Light of God is always there. It has always been there and will always be there. When I recognize it is there depends on my willingness to recognize the truth.

If I want to see bodies, if I want to see separation, that is what I will see. So today I will work on my willingness to see the truth about my brother, and in the process, I find the truth about myself.

I choose to make today a happy one by opening to God's truth. It is everywhere and all around me. How willing am I to see it today?

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.