Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lesson 321 What is Creation? - Father, my freedom is in You alone.

Lesson 321

Section 11. What is Creation?

Creation is the sum of all God's Thoughts, in number infinite, and everywhere without all limit. Only love creates, and only like itself. There was no time when all that it created was not there. Nor will there be a time when anything that it created suffers any loss. Forever and forever are God's Thoughts exactly as they were and as they are, unchanged through time and after time is done.

God's Thoughts are given all the power that their own Creator has. For He would add to love by its extension. Thus His Son shares in creation, and must therefore share in power to create. What God has willed to be forever One will still be One when time is over; and will not be changed throughout the course of time, remaining as it was before the thought of time began.

Creation is the opposite of all illusions, for creation is the truth. Creation is the holy Son of God, for in creation is His Will complete in every aspect, making every part container of the whole. Its oneness is forever guaranteed inviolate; forever held within His holy Will, beyond all possibility of harm, of separation, imperfection and of any spot upon its sinlessness.

We are creation; we the Sons of God. We seem to be discrete, and unaware of our eternal unity with Him. Yet back of all our doubts, past all our fears, there still is certainty. For love remains with all its Thoughts, its sureness being theirs. God's memory is in our holy minds, which know their oneness and their unity with their Creator. Let our function be only to let this memory return, only to let God's Will be done on earth, only to be restored to sanity, and to be but as God created us.

Our Father calls to us. We hear His Voice, and we forgive creation in the Name of its Creator, Holiness Itself, Whose Holiness His Own creation shares; Whose Holiness is still a part of us.

Lesson 321

Father, my freedom is in You alone.

I did not understand what made me free, nor what my freedom is, nor where to look to find it. Father, I have searched in vain until I heard Your Voice directing me. Now I would guide myself no more. For I have neither made nor understood the way to find my freedom. But I trust in You. You Who endowed me with my freedom as Your holy Son will not be lost to me. Your Voice directs me, and the way to You is opening and clear to me at last. Father, my freedom is in You alone. Father, it is my will that I return.

Today we answer for the world, which will be freed along with us. How glad are we to find our freedom through the certain way our Father has established. And how sure is all the world's salvation, when we learn our freedom can be found in God alone.




The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-




Lesson 321
"Father, my freedom is in You alone."

The ego thinks freedom is independence from God. The ego thinks it means being in control and not under the influence of any body else's wishes or demands. The ego thinks it means being separate and distinct. Like Garfield, the cartoon character, the ego says, "I need my space."

The ego treasures this independence and maintains it by doing everything it can to make separation appear real. Yet to have this independence, limitation must be accepted. If we identify with the ego, we are no longer free to extend Love without limit. We are no longer free to experience the joy of unity with All That Is. We are no longer free to know the certainty of timelessness and eternal Love. Can this limitation really be freedom?

When we accept our unity with God, when we accept our Self as God created It, we are free to experience all Love everywhere, eternally. We are free of all limitation. We can only experience this freedom when we accept our total dependence on God, Who defines What we are by creating us exactly as Himself.

The recognition of our dependence on God is the acceptance of our freedom to Love without limit, to experience His limitless joy, and to know His peace without interruption. This is our freedom. All our strength comes from God's Love. There is no other strength. To know our dependence on God and accept it is to accept all power, all Love, all joy, all peace as our own. This is freedom. I thank you Father for your gifts to me.


The sentences that stand out to me in this lesson are: "Father, I have searched in vain until I heard Your Voice directing me. Now I would guide myself no more." (1:2-3) My freedom comes from not guiding myself. My freedom does not come from the mindless judgments of the ego. That only imprisons me.

Today it is my job to be vigilant as to whose voice I am listening to. Whose mind am I joining with, the limiting thoughts of the ego or the freeing thoughts of the Holy Spirit? Today I would be vigilant to practice joining with the Holy Spirit.

Today I would practice stepping back and watching the thoughts that are in my mind. Are these thoughts coming from Love? I can tell because Love knows that only Love is real. Love sees past the illusions to the truth. Love does not compare, because Love sees no differences. Love is at peace, because there is no fear in Love.

Today I would practice following Love's guidance. I know that my freedom lies in returning to Love, my Home and my Source.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-