Monday, April 27, 2009

Section 10. What is the Last Judgment? Lesson 311 I judge all things as I would have them be.

Lesson 311

Section 10. What is the Last Judgment?

Christ's Second Coming gives the Son of God this gift: to hear the Voice for God proclaim that what is false is false, and what is true has never changed. And this the judgment is in which perception ends. At first you see a world that has accepted this as true, projected from a now corrected mind. And with this holy sight, perception gives a silent blessing and then disappears, its goal accomplished and its mission done.

The final judgment on the world contains no condemnation. For it sees the world as totally forgiven, without sin and wholly purposeless. Without a cause, and now without a function in Christ's sight, it merely slips away to nothingness. There it was born, and there it ends as well. And all the figures in the dream in which the world began go with it. Bodies now are useless, and will therefore fade away, because the Son of God is limitless.

You who believed that God's Last Judgment would condemn the world to hell along with you, accept this holy truth: God's Judgment is the gift of the Correction He bestowed on all your errors, freeing you from them, and all effects they ever seemed to have. To fear God's saving grace is but to fear complete release from suffering, return to peace, security and happiness, and union with your own Identity.

God's Final Judgment is as merciful as every step in His appointed plan to bless His Son, and call him to return to the eternal peace He shares with him. Be not afraid of love. For it alone can heal all sorrow, wipe away all tears, and gently waken from his dream of pain the Son whom God acknowledges as His. Be not afraid of this. Salvation asks you give it welcome. And the world awaits your glad acceptance, which will set it free.

This is God's Final Judgment: "You are still My holy Son, forever innocent, forever loving and forever loved, as limitless as your Creator, and completely changeless and forever pure. Therefore awaken and return to Me. I am your Father and you are My Son."

Lesson 311

I judge all things as I would have them be.

Judgment was made to be a weapon used against the truth. It separates what it is being used against, and sets it off as if it were a thing apart. And then it makes of it what you would have it be. It judges what it cannot understand, because it cannot see totality and therefore judges falsely. Let us not use it today, but make a gift of it to Him Who has a different use for it. He will relieve us of the agony of all the judgments we have made against ourselves, and re-establish peace of mind by giving us God's Judgment of His Son.

Father, we wait with open mind today, to hear Your Judgment of the Son You love. We do not know him, and we cannot judge. And so we let Your Love decide what he whom You created as Your Son must be.





The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-





Lesson 311
"I judge all things as I would have them be."

Before the ego -- the thought of separation -- there was no judgment. There was no sense of an 'other' to judge or evaluate. But with the idea of separation, there needed to be a mechanism to hold separation in place so it would seem to be real. For this purpose the ego made judgment. "Judgment was made to be a weapon used against the truth. It separates what it is being used against, and sets it off as if it were a thing apart." (1:1-2)

God, in His grace, provided an antidote for this poisonous thought system. Because we had already embraced the "reality" of judgment, He needed to use that mechanism for a different purpose that would be to the point where judgment is recognized as no longer needed. This antidote is the Holy Spirit. While the ego judges from a limited perspective that cannot see the whole, the Holy Spirit judges from the point of seeing totality. Thus His judgment is very simple. He recognizes all things as either real or unreal. What is real is Love and nothing else. What is unreal is nothing and is disregarded as meaningless and without effect.

As we learn to practice giving all our judgments to the Holy Spirit, our burden is lightened and we walk with an easy step. Our judgments with the ego always carry guilt and weigh us down with the fear of punishment for that guilt. As we release our judgments to the Holy Spirit, He undoes the guilt, for He knows that nothing could ever change the holy Son of God, our Self. This process of turning over every judgment to the Holy Spirit to let Him judge on our behalf is the way out of hell and the return to our Home in God.

We do not need to know how the Holy Spirit undoes the guilt. We need only relieve ourselves of the burden of judgment by giving it all to Him. He returns to us the gift of freedom and God's eternal peace. We give Him nothing and He gives us everything. It is the exchange of illusion for reality.In deep gratitude I give thanks to God for His Answer to the insane idea of separation and judgment. Thank You God. I love You God.


Freedom comes as I let the Holy Spirit judge all things for me. The ego has judged all things as separate and alone. The ego's judgment tries to place its guilt outside itself. That is why it needs an 'outside.' On the other hand, the Holy Spirit sees all as one. The Holy Spirit shows me there is no outside. There is no guilt. When I hold hands with the Holy Spirit, all I see is innocence.

There is only one Christ Mind that is real. The Holy Spirit reminds me of the unreality of separation. The Holy Spirit shows me the meaninglessness of a world or separation. It is only when I am willing to go to the Holy Spirit that I will receive the Holy Spirit's judgment. The Holy Spirit shows me the difference between the real and the unreal, and through this I find freedom from the bondage of the ego thought system of separation.

Today is a day of letting the Holy Spirit judge for me. Today I would practice refraining from judging on my own. Today I would practice holding Holy Spirit's hand and receiving Christ's vision. Today I would take one more step towards accepting the freedom that is mine.


All last week I ate a lot of stuff that is not normally on my diet and was afraid I had gained some weight. When I got on the scale, I saw that I had and felt bad about it. I told myself that it was no big deal and I would just lose it.

When I read today's lesson I realized that I was just kidding myself about it being no big deal. It was really weighing heavily on my mind and I quickly saw it for what it was. I was judging myself as being weak willed and foolish. I was using this judgment to convince myself that I am a body and powerless.

And, of course, I am seeing myself as separate. After all, not everyone has a problem controlling their weight. In fact my weight problems are worse that everyone else's... or so I tell myself and thus I guarantee the illusion of being special and thus separate.

I visualized setting down my heavy sack of "special feelings." I took each one out and showed it to Holy Spirit. One by one, we looked at them together. We looked at my dread of being powerless, at my belief that my problems were worse than everyone else's, at my embarrassment at once again having "failed." We looked at each sense of specialness until the bag was empty. Then Holy Spirit took both my hands and we smiled at the insubstantial pile of illusions as they began to fade away into the nothingness they are without the support of my belief in them.

This stuff is a big deal only if I refuse to look at it. Then it gets heavy and dark and weighs down my steps as I go through the day. Looking at it with Holy Spirit shows it for the nothingness it is. I thank staff for pointing the way to this healing and I am so grateful that God provided me with a way out of my illusion.


I love the way these lessons explain to us how our minds think and how we use them; they tell us the problem and then give us the solution. I, too, so many times, have issues with a certain person(s) or a situation and I dread facing it, to the point where the thought of it ruins my day. So rather than to look at it, I tell myself it's not a big deal and attempt to ignore it, I guess hoping it will go away. I also see myself as separate and judge the person, the situation, and myself, which makes me separate even more.

So today I ask the Holy Spirit to judge my brother/myself for me and I also recognize that this is one more step towards my freedom.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-