Monday, April 20, 2009

Lesson 307 Conflicting wishes cannot be my will.

Lesson 307

Conflicting wishes cannot be my will.

Father, Your Will is mine, and only that. There is no other will for me to have. Let me not try to make another will, for it is senseless and will cause me pain. Your Will alone can bring me happiness, and only Yours exists. If I would have what only You can give, I must accept Your Will for me, and enter into peace where conflict is impossible, Your Son is one with You in being and in will, and nothing contradicts the holy truth that I remain as You created me.

And with this prayer we enter silently into a state where conflict cannot come, because we join our holy will with God's, in recognition that they are the same.





The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-




Lesson 307
"Conflicting wishes cannot be my will."

In an earlier lesson it says, "God is but Love and therefore so am I." We are learning that we are the same Love that God is and that there are no differences of any kind. There is only seamless, undifferentiated, universal Love. This one universal Love has one Will. Therefore conflicting wishes cannot be my will.

A false will, with a wish for individuality, only brings illusions of pain and lack. I would let this false will be undone by taking every thought of differences, individuality, and separate bodies, to the Holy Spirit to be undone. Love is. God is. There is nothing else. We all remain as God created us. I would open my mind to remember this today.


This world is the effect of a mistaken idea of what will bring us happiness. The ego is the idea that it is possible to have more than another, to have more than all of God's Love. This idea is inherently an idea of conflict. It is impossible for one to have more than another without there being conflict. Differences are defined by conflict. Thus the wish to have individuality and differences is the wish for conflict.

It is impossible to know peace while believing separation is real. Thus I must learn the Holy Spirit's lesson of forgiveness if I am to know the peace of God. Each time I learn from the Holy Spirit to forgive a circumstance, event or the behavior of another, I come closer to recognizing that there are in truth no differences. I share the Light and Love of God equally with all that lives. God is Life. Love is Life. Existence in this world of illusions is not Life. To experience the Life God has given me, I must let go of the belief in the reality of form and separation.

When I forgive and realize that there was in truth no harm, for Love is changeless and Love is what I am, I am opening up to the recognition that my will and God's are the same. I am moving toward acceptance that God's Will for me is happiness. God is one and there is no conflict in Him. To know my Self, I must accept my oneness with God. Then I will know freedom from conflict. I will know the peace of God.

Today I will practice taking each thought of conflict, each thought of loss and sacrifice, each thought of fear or guilt to the Holy Spirit to receive His vision. Thus will I learn to recognize in God and in my Self there is no conflict, for it is not my will. God's Will and mine are one.


Belonging to a 12 step program, many people would quite often use the phrase "God's will and not mine." That sounded to me like there were two separate wills and I remember really resenting that because I felt that it was God's will that I be sitting there at those meetings, day after day, deprived of the things I thought could make me happy. I mean, hadn't I given up enough? hadn't I lost enough? And I still had to do God's will and not mine?

I felt like a helpless puppet that was trapped in this world of pain. It took me a long time to realize, after I'd hit many dead ends in my life, that my only will was to be happy, was to be at peace.

Today I know that God's Will is my will. It was in trying to run my own life that I was hitting all those dead ends; it was in thinking I had conflicting wishes that I felt separated from my Source and my brothers. Today I allow the Holy Spirit to guide me and lead me to peace, which is mine and my Heavenly Father's will.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-