Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lesson 264 I am surrounded by the Love of God.

Lesson 264

I am surrounded by the Love of God.

Father, You stand before me and behind, beside me, in the place I see myself, and everywhere I go. You are in all the things I look upon, the sounds I hear, and every hand that reaches for my own. In You time disappears, and place becomes a meaningless belief. For what surrounds Your Son and keeps him safe is Love itself. There is no source but this, and nothing is that does not share its holiness; that stands beyond Your one creation, or without the Love which holds all things within itself. Father, Your Son is like Yourself. We come to You in Your Own Name today, to be at peace within Your everlasting Love.

My brothers, join with me in this today. This is salvation's prayer. Must we not join in what will save the world, along with us?





The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-
-


Lesson 264
"I am surrounded by the Love of God."

Salvation's prayer is being willing to remember the truth. Salvation's prayer is being willing to remember that everything is still as Love created it. We are still like God, no matter what dreams we dream. We are still in Heaven and have never left. We are surrounded by the Love of God.

When fearful dreams come, we can learn to step back and not place our belief in them. We can learn to return to the truth that we are indeed surrounded by the Love of God. We cannot be harmed. We are safe, because we are still as God created us.

Dreams of separation are pretend. They are foolish children's games. Salvation's prayer reminds us to let them go. When we let go of childish dreams, the truth that we still are in Heaven will return to our mind.

In truth we never left God. We never left Love. We only dreamed we did and dreams are not real. We can relax now. We are safe in Love's peaceful Arms. We now allow ourselves to be carried as we relinquish making decisions on our own. We quit taking the dream so seriously. We lighten up and allow Love to replace our fears. We allow peace to restore the awareness of Love's presence Which is everywhere because Love is all there is. Today I will allow myself to remember the truth that only Love is real.


Today's lesson is very comforting to me. I can never be without Love. I can deny Its presence and thus experience lack of Love, but Love still surrounds me and is in me. My denial does not change It. Denial only makes me unaware of It. If I experience fear, all that is happening is that I am denying the presence of Love.

I find it helpful to remind myself whenever I do not feel at peace that I am surrounded by the Love of God. Sometimes I have to repeat this over and over, but when I do, I eventually feel a shift. Peace returns. Once again I welcome the Holy Spirit's vision. What appeared to be a threat is now seen past. I recognize that the Love I am cannot be threatened.

Sometimes I look around me at all the images that seem to fill my world -- trees and buildings, cars and people walking about -- and remind myself, "I am surrounded by the Love of God." I feel Its safety washing over me. I see the Love beyond the image of a tree or of a coworker. Judgment falls away. I gain a glimpse of the sameness we share, which is the Love of God.

As I walk in this remembrance that I am surrounded by the Love of God, I walk in gratitude and joy. I am serene and peace is my companion. Ego images may act out fear, but I know my safety cannot be disturbed. This is what comes when I remember I am surrounded by the love and peace of God.


I experienced seeing the love beyond the image today. As this happened to me, I noticed a reciprocal response from the person involved even though he had no idea what was going on with me (at least not on a conscious level).

What I am experiencing over and over is that how I feel is effecting other people. I am seeing that my feelings and my thoughts are stronger and have more effect than what I say.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-