Monday, November 24, 2008

Lesson 213 & 214 I am not a body. I am free.

Lesson 213

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(193) All things are lessons God would have me learn.

A lesson is a miracle which God offers to me, in place of
thoughts I made that hurt me. What I learn of Him becomes
the way I am set free. And so I choose to learn His lessons
and forget my own.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.


Lesson 214

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(194) I place the future in the Hands of God.

The past is gone; the future is not yet. Now am I freed
from both. For what God gives can only be for good. And
I accept but what He gives as what belongs to me.



I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.






The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-


Lesson 213
Review: "I am not a body. I am free. I am still as God created me."
"All things are lessons God would have me learn."

It seems that most of the lessons we learn in life are learned from pain. Our lessons teach us what we don't want to do in order to avoid pain more than what to do to experience happiness. With this as our history, the statement, "All things are lessons God would have me learn" can easily carry the connotation that God's lessons are painful. But this interpretation is simply our own projection of the past. God's lessons are miracles that free us from our self-taught lessons of pain. God would have us learn lessons that lead us out of pain.

Yet the ego whispers and sometimes proclaims loudly that God's lessons require sacrifice. The ego would want us to believe that we must give up what is valuable if we are to learn of God. From the ego's perspective, this is correct, because what the ego values is really nothing, meaningless.

If we are to experience what is truly meaningful -- the Love of God -- we do have to give up our investment in the empty promises of specialness offered by the ego. But we give up nothing in order to gain everything. This the ego does not tell us because when we give up the desire for specialness, we give up the ego. Without our investment in the values of the ego, it has no power, no substance. The ego's only "control" over us comes from our attachment to the ego's teachings.

We are not asked to give up this attachment in one gut wrenching battle in which all we think is important is ripped from our clutching hands. Rather, every moment is offered, gently and lovingly, as a lesson from God in which we learn to see what is valueless and what has true value. That is the miracle, the transformed perception.

When we recognize what is valueless, there is no sense of loss in laying it down. It is done with happy laughter, for we already see the joyous alternative God has offered in its place. Today I resign as my own teacher. I choose to learn God's lessons that I may be free to live in His Love and peace.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.




Lesson 214
Review: "I am not a body. I am free.
I am still as God created me."
"I place the future in the Hands of God."

Placing the future in the Hands of God is the same as placing my trust in God instead of the ego. It is giving my life to God and letting the Holy Spirit write the script instead of letting the script be written by the voice of fear and separation -- the ego. This "life" of separation is a dream in truth. There is no past and there is no future. The ego thought system always wants to make time appear to be real. It does this by projecting a future that is based on the past.

The Holy Spirit, on the other hand, knows that there is no past and there is no future. The Holy Spirit guides us all to extend Love now. The Holy Spirit knows of only wholeness or oneness, now and forever. Placing my future in the Hands of Love will bring me only the experience of Love, the experience of my true Self. Because only Love is real, the only thing I can experience in truth is Love.

If I want something else, I will experience something else, but that does not make that experience real. The only thing I ever choose between is Love and illusions. That which I desire, I will experience because of the power of my mind.

Today my practice is to open my mind to God, to Love, and God will do the rest. That is how I place the future in the Hands of God. What is my choice today? What I choose I will experience. To choose Love, I need only remember to open my mind to the awareness Love's Presence. I need but ask myself, "What is really the truth?" What I ask for I will receive.

Today I practice opening my mind to Love, to God. What could be a better choice? This is the choice for happiness. This is the choice for letting go of pain and vulnerability. This is the choice for true power and the choice to let go of belief in weakness. Today I place the future in the Hands of God.


The ego does not trust the future. It believes the future will repeat the past and the past has taught that nothing is reliable. Everything changes and will not last. Since the ego is the rejection of God, it definitely does not trust God. So the ego is always in a catch-22 situation. It does not want the past to be repeated, but it believes that the future will be like the past. Because the ego believes only in its own insane thought system, it cannot trust anything from outside that thought system. And so it seems to be trapped in an endless cycle of insanity.

Today we are given the means to step out of the cycle. We need only place the future in God's Hands and the cycle of insanity is broken. Putting the future in God's Hands takes a heavy burden off our minds. We no longer need to spend our time making plans to protect ourselves from a thousand different eventualities. We are free to experience the present fully. Without concern for the future, we no longer need to dwell on the past. Because the past is not here, when I stop dwelling on it, I no longer bring it with me, and so it is gone.

The present moment is clean and pure, free of the false images of the past. Now I am able to see Love and nothing else, because Love is all there is to see. When I place the future in God's Hands, my step is light, my heart is filled with joy. Defenses are laid down and I embrace my brother, who is one with me.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-