Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lesson 82 Review: “The light of the world brings peace to every mind.” and “Let me not forget my function.”

LESSON 82


We will review these ideas today:


The light of the world brings peace to every mind through my forgiveness.

My forgiveness is the means by which the light of the world finds expression through me. My forgiveness is the means by which I become aware of the light of the world in me. My forgiveness is the means by which the world is healed, together with myself. Let me, then, forgive the world, that it may be healed along with me.

Suggestions for specific forms for applying this idea are:

Let peace extend from my mind to yours, [name].

I share the light of the world with you, [name].
Through my forgiveness I can see this as it is.

Let me not forget my function.

I would not forget my function, because I would remember my Self. I cannot fulfill my function if I forget it. And unless I fulfill my function, I will not experience the joy that God intends for me.

Suitable specific forms of this idea include:

Let me not use this to hide my function from me.

I would use this as an opportunity to fulfill my function.
This may threaten my ego, but cannot change my function in any way.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org




Lesson 82
Review: “The light of the world brings peace to every mind.” and “Let me not forget my function.”

My function is to stay in tune with the Holy Spirit. With the Holy Spirit, I am able to see through the eyes of Christ. Christ is One and includes the whole Sonship. As I am able to see the Christ, I am remembering the truth. When I remember the truth, I extend peace to the whole Sonship. This is my one true function. This is why I am here. Nothing else matters.

Let me remember my function. Let me feel the happiness that comes with joining with my true Nature and the true Nature of everyone. Today is the day of practicing this.


When I let go of judgment or forgive, I open the door to seeing the Light in my brother, the same Light that is in me. As I see this, I recognize our unity and conflict disappears. This is how I accept my Self and experience the joy that God wills be mine.

Judgment blinds me to the Light. The Light is always there, but if I insist on seeing others as different from me, which is what judgment does, I cannot see the Light that I share with everyone. It’s like walking around in a well lit room with my eyes closed, wondering why I can’t see. Forgiveness is how I open my eyes to see the Light.

Today if I notice even a twinge of irritation or discontent with someone’s words or behavior, let me remind myself that this is an opportunity for me to let go of judgment and see the Light that we share. This is how I fulfill my function. This is how I experience the joy of being the Love that joins me with all that Is. This is how I experience everyone as my Friend. This is how I bring peace to the world. Let me see everyone as my brother and my friend. Let the Love that I am embrace them all.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.