Saturday, May 3, 2008

Lesson 57 Review of Lessons 31 - 35

LESSON 57


Today let us review these ideas:


1. I am not the victim of the world I see.
How can I be the victim of a world that can be completely undone if I so choose? My chains are loosened. I can drop them off merely by desiring to do so. The prison door is open. I can leave simply by walking out. Nothing holds me in this world. Only my wish to stay keeps me a prisoner. I would give up my insane wishes and walk into the sunlight at last.


2. I have invented the world I see.
I made up the prison in which I see myself. All I need do is recognize this and I am free. I have deluded myself into believing it is possible to imprison the Son of God. I was bitterly mistaken in this belief, which I no longer want. The Son of God must be forever free. He is as God created him, and not what I would make of him. He is where God would have him be, and not where I thought to hold him prisoner.


3. There is another way of looking at the world.
Since the purpose of the world is not the one I ascribed to it, there must be another way of looking at it. I see everything upside down, and my thoughts are the opposite of truth. I see the world as a prison for God's Son. It must be, then, that the world is really a place where he can be set free. I would look upon the world as it is, and see it as a place where the Son of God finds his freedom.


4. I could see peace instead of this.
When I see the world as a place of freedom, I realize that it reflects the laws of God instead of the rules I made up for it to obey. I will understand that peace, not war, abides in it. And I will perceive that peace also abides in the hearts of all who share this place with me.


5. My mind is part of God's. 2 I am very holy.
As I share the peace of the world with my brothers, I begin to understand that this peace comes from deep within myself. The world I look upon has taken on the light of my forgiveness, and shines forgiveness back at me. In this light I begin to see what my illusions about myself kept hidden. I begin to understand the holiness of all living things, including myself, and their oneness with me.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------



Lesson 57
Review of Lessons 31 - 35

This review lesson for me comes back to “What am I allowing into my awareness? Which thought system am I choosing to be in?” The thought system I choose will bring me what I see. This is how I invent the world I see. Ideas leave not their source. What I see is coming from my own mind. There is no outside. That is why I invent the world I see.

If I am not happy, if I am not in peace, I can change it. I can choose peace instead of what I am seeing. I can choose to recognize my right mind. I can choose to recognize the holiness that resides right in my mind, always. From this place I will feel peace, I will be aware of peace, I will extend peace. I will be aware of Love, both in myself and others. It is always my choice. It is all up to my level of willingness to chose to identify with my one Self instead of the ego thought system.


To me this lesson’s principal emphasis is my freedom of choice. It shows me how I have misused it to limit and imprison myself, but in reminding me that my mind is part of God’s and it is very holy, it is also showing me that I can use my choice to let go of the limitations and walk out the prison door. What a relief it is to know the power of my choice. The ego would have me believe that I do not have the choice, that I am the victim of the world I see.

Here I am learning that I have the choice not to buy the ego’s lies. This does not mean that I simply say the world is an illusion and deny what I am experiencing. It does mean that if I experience anything other than peace, that I am believing in something that is untrue. It is a clear indication that I need to turn to the Holy Spirit in my mind and ask His guidance. If I am not experiencing peace, I am following the wrong guide.

Every time i recognize that I am not in peace, it is simply a reminder that I need to ask for help that comes from outside the world that I see. By exercising the choice to listen to a different Guide, I have the help and strength and clarity I need to walk out the prison door and accept the peace of God. I don’t deny that I have believed I am in prison. I simply ask for help to let it go. And I wait with a quiet mind to receive the comfort that God is forever holding out to me.


There is one Life and that I share with Him. As I choose to lift the veil of separated thoughts from my mind, I feel and experience Love, laughter and peace within. This is the freedom of experiencing my true Self. In this freedom I am aware of my oneness with all God’s creations. This is the world I choose to see, shining brightly through the eyes of Love. Peace to my brother who is one with me.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.