Friday, July 24, 2009

Lesson 360 Peace be to me, the holy Son of God. Peace to my brother, who is one with me. Let all the world be blessed with peace through us.

Lesson 360

Peace be to me, the holy Son of God. Peace to my brother, who is one with me. Let all the world be blessed with peace through us.

Father, it is Your peace that I would give, receiving it of You. I am Your Son, forever just as You created me, for the Great Rays remain forever still and undisturbed within me. I would reach to them in silence and in certainty, for nowhere else can certainty be found. Peace be to me, and peace to all the world. In holiness were we created, and in holiness do we remain. Your Son is like to You in perfect sinlessness. And with this thought we gladly say "Amen."




The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-



Lesson 360
“Peace be to me, the holy Son of God.
Peace to my brother, who is one with me.
Let all the world be blessed with peace through us.”

As I worked with this lesson today, I realized that I felt unsettled. I perceived a loved one experiencing flu symptoms and I was concerned. I wanted to pray for my friend, but I wanted my prayer to reflect the principles of the Course. I asked the Holy Spirit to guide my prayer.

I said to the Holy Spirit, "I do not know what this means or what it is for." (He already knew that, but I needed to remind myself.) "Help me to see the meaning I am giving it and learn what it really means."

Holy Spirit showed me that seeing my friend as vulnerable and weak was a reflection of my belief that I am vulnerable and weak. Everything I see is a projection from my mind. He reminded me that "I am God's Son, complete and healed and whole, shining in the reflection of God's Love." (W.II.14.1:1) And the same applies to my friend, who is one with me. I affirmed in my mind to my friend, "You are God's Son, complete and healed and whole, shining in the reflection of God's Love." I noticed that I was beginning to feel comforted and more peaceful.

I am not the weak and fearful image I have made of myself. "In me is love perfected, fear impossible, and joy established without opposite." (W.II.14.1:3) Of course, this is equally true for my friend and everyone in the world. As I thought about my friend and affirmed this in my mind, my feeling of peace grew stronger. I felt myself relax and a sense of safety washed over me. No longer did I see my friend as in danger. No longer was I using my perception to reinforce my sense of separation and weakness.

When I perceive anyone as vulnerable, fearful, angry or guilty, I am using that person to teach myself that this perception is true and justified. I am teaching myself that those same attributes apply to me. The Course is teaching me, "Don't believe it!" This is not the truth about me or anyone.

As I practice bringing all my thoughts to the Holy Spirit to receive his perception, I will learn a different lesson than the ego teaches. I will learn that I remain as God created me. I will learn that I am forever safe in His loving Arms, protected by my unity with Him. I can truly offer "peace to my brother, who is one with me," because I am not giving reality to the illusion of vulnerability. I am recognizing his holiness along with mine.


I, too, am learning from the Course that whenever I perceive something that robs me of my peace, I need to deal with that uneasy thought at it's source; my own mind. I have to remind myself, not only who or what my uneasy thought is, but more importantly, who I am. If there is no peace and love in my own mind, I won't project peace and Love out into my world. (I can't give what I don't accept). The Holy Spirit reminds me that I am a Son of God; forever changeless, forever just as He created me. And as such, my Self offers peace to myself and my brothers, who are One with me.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-