Friday, July 3, 2009

Lesson 347 Anger must come from judgment. Judgment is The weapon I would use against myself, To keep the miracle away from me.

Lesson 347

Anger must come from judgment. Judgment is The weapon I would use against myself, To keep the miracle away from me.

Father, I want what goes against my will, and do not want what is my will to have. Straighten my mind, my Father. It is sick. But You have offered freedom, and I choose to claim Your gift today. And so I give all judgment to the One You gave to me to judge for me. He sees what I behold, and yet He knows the truth. He looks on pain, and yet He understands it is not real, and in His understanding it is healed. He gives the miracles my dreams would hide from my awareness. Let Him judge today. I do not know my will, but He is sure it is Your Own. And He will speak for me, and call Your miracles to come to me.

Listen today. Be very still, and hear the gentle Voice for God assuring you that He has judged you as the Son He loves.





The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-



Lesson 347
"Anger must come from judgment. Judgment is
The weapon I would use against myself,
To keep the miracle away from me."

In this lesson, Jesus gives us the basis of every problem and he also gives us the solution. He helps us understand that making judgments on our own is an attack on our Self. Judgment keeps miracles away.

In paragraph 2, Jesus gives us the one alternative that heals all problems. He tells us, "Listen today. Be very still and hear the gentle Voice for God assuring you that He has judged you as the Son He loves." (2:1) Here we have the answer to every perceived problem. We are asked to be still and listen. We are asked to have an open mind so that the healing Voice of the Holy Spirit can be heard. As we are truly willing to open our mind, we can't help but allow in the peace of God. When the ego's voice is stilled, peace is there. The Voice for God is there. As our willingness to accept God's peace grows, we are very gently led back from our sleeping state. We are very gently led to awaken to the truth.

As we awaken we see that our attack thoughts are just foolish ideas. We do not want to keep them. They do not protect us. They do not protect our brother. They take us in the opposite direction from where we want to go. We allow a lot of time now to be still and listen. Quieting our minds of the ego's judgment becomes a high priority. We see that it is the answer to every concern, every fear, every form of suffering. We become more willing to rest in God's healing Light, God's healing Love. I would practice accepting this miracle today.


In paragraph one, sentences 6-7 it says that the Holy Spirit sees what I see but knows the truth. He looks of pain but understands it is not real. And in His understanding, the pain is healed. When I was in my 20's, I had a spiritual mentor who saw in me what I was unable to see in myself. I made him into an authority figure in my mind so while I had great respect for him, I also feared him. It seemed that I couldn't have any secrets. But because he didn't see the limits on me that I saw, he frequently put me in positions that caused me to stretch and go beyond the box I placed on myself. I believe his compassionate direction helped me grow and establish a foundation upon which I am still building more than 30 years later.

This is a small and limited example of what the Holy Spirit in our mind is ready to do for us in every instant. He does not believe the limits we have placed on ourselves. He recognizes that we believe we suffer and have pain. We feel guilty and lack of Love, but He knows it is not true. In every moment He is ready to help us let these false ideas about ourselves go.

With loving compassion, He looks upon our ideas of limitation and to each one He gently says, "It is not so." To feel His healing blessing, we need only take each thought of pain and limitation to Him and let Him show us it is not so. That is His healing judgment on all the fearful and limiting images we perceive. Where we see darkness, He shows us the Light behind the false images. Where we perceive lack of Love and guilt, He shows us the Love that shines upon us beyond the imaginary barriers we have built.

The Holy Spirit is our loving Mentor in our mind, ready in every instant to guide us to a kinder and gentler view of the world and therefore of ourselves. Following His kind direction, we walk a path of Light that leads us ever on toward the Home He knows we never really left. Here we find peace. Here the thought of lack and attack is inconceivable. Here is the experience of Love beyond anything we have ever experienced in the dream of separation. Here we remember our unity with our Creator and we are at peace.


There are a couple of things that jump out at me in this lesson. Line 2 and 3 which say "Straighten my mind, my Father. It is sick." (1:2-3) I often use a similar prayer. I ask the Holy Spirit to heal my thoughts. It is such a simple prayer, but incredibly effective. I ask myself sometimes, if it could really be this simple. Sometimes I ask more than once as I wait on myself to choose peace, but I persist and with the Holy Spirit's gentle and patient correction, everything changes.

I also appreciate the reminder to be quiet today and to listen. I need the reminder as Christmas looms closer and time seems to speed up. As I venture into the frantic crowds today, I ask the Holy Spirit to work through me to bring peace to those I touch. Instead of adding to the chaos this season often brings, (or rather that we bring to the season) I want to be a blessing.


Beloved Indwelling Spirit, I am willing, this day, to be still and hear that Voice for God You speak of. I have strayed and wandered and gotten lost. And in that wandering, my mind has become sick from all my misperceptions. I am tired, Holy Spirit, therefore, I surrender to you this day, that you may straighten my mind. And even though I might not recognize truth today, as I heal I will trust My Father's will and know that He will use any situation I encounter as part of His plan to lead me back to Him. I am willing to listen today; please speak to me, sing to me Father, I choose to experience the gift of freedom You offer me. Amen.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-