Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lesson 334 Today I claim the gifts forgiveness gives.

Lesson 334

Today I claim the gifts forgiveness gives.

I will not wait another day to find the treasures that my Father offers me. Illusions are all vain, and dreams are gone even while they are woven out of thoughts that rest on false perceptions. Let me not accept such meager gifts again today. God's Voice is offering the peace of God to all who hear and choose to follow Him. This is my choice today. And so I go to find the treasures God has given me.

I seek but the eternal. For Your Son can be content with nothing less than this. What, then, can be his solace but what You are offering to his bewildered mind and frightened heart, to give him certainty and bring him peace? Today I would behold my brother sinless. This Your Will for me, for so will I behold my sinlessness.





The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-




Lesson 334
"Today I claim the gifts forgiveness gives."

Today my practice is to frequently ask myself, "Am I looking through the ego's eyes or am I looking through the Holy Spirit's eyes?" The ego's eyes show me that separation is real. The ego's eyes show me that bodies and separate personalities are real. The ego focuses on what bodies do and looks for fault and blame.

The Holy Spirit, on the other hand, sees past bodies to the radiant Light that is truly there. The Holy Spirit looks at the eternal. The Holy Spirit sees that nothing has changed and that every brother is still totally sinless. The Holy Spirit blesses while the ego condemns.

Today my practice is to frequently check in to which hand I am holding, the ego's or the Holy Spirit's. The ego's "gifts" offer sorrow and pain, while the Holy Spirit offers peace and joy.

Today I would behold my brother as sinless. Today I would strengthen my forgiveness muscles by practicing forgiveness all through the day. I would practice seeing past bodies to the truth in every brother and accept the gifts of peace and happiness. This is my practice today. "Today I claim the gifts forgiveness gives."


It is helpful to remember that all the images I see in the world and their behavior, all events, are simply outward pictures representing my state of mind -- my beliefs and thoughts. If I would claim the gifts forgiveness gives then I must learn to recognize the truth about what the images in my world represent. To learn this I must turn to the only Teacher who knows the difference between illusion and reality. That Teacher is the Holy Spirit in my mind.

At first the Holy Spirit may need to use external teaching aids such as the Course or other people who walk a few steps ahead along the path I seek to follow. But with practice I can learn to listen to the Holy Spirit in my mind and receive His guidance all through the day. He is ever present, always offering His gifts of the peace and joy of God. I claim them through my willingness to listen and follow.

When I get caught up in the activities of the world and think I know on my own what they mean, this simply reflects my resistance to following the Holy Spirit. Gratefully the Holy Spirit does not judge me for my resistance. With compassionate gentleness, He continues to offer me the gifts forgiveness brings. The moment I am ready to claim them, they are mine.

Today I would not settle for anxiety, sadness or any disturbance of my peace of mind. I would practice taking every thought that does not reflect the peace and Love of God to the Holy Spirit for His kind and gentle correction. I would practice listening and following, for thus do "I claim the gifts forgiveness gives."

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-