Friday, January 16, 2009

Lesson 250 Let me not see myself as limited.

Lesson 250

Let me not see myself as limited.

Let me behold the Son of God today, and witness to his glory. Let me not try to obscure the holy light in him, and see his strength diminished and reduced to frailty; nor perceive the lacks in him with which I would attack his sovereignty.

He is Your Son, my Father. And today I would behold his gentleness instead of my illusions. He is what I am, and as I see him so I see myself. Today I would see truly, that this day I may at last identify with him. . What Is Sin?




The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-
-


Lesson 250
"Let me not see myself as limited."

In today's lesson Jesus gives me a very practical 'to do' that I can put at the top of my 'to do' list for the day. He tells me to "behold the Son of God today and witness to his glory." What a joyous thing to have at the top of my 'to do' list -- to remember the truth in my brother and see his glory.

Remembering this happy truth about my brother brings happiness to me. Believing in stories that my brother or I am weak does not bring happiness. By following Jesus' advice with today's lesson, I am receiving a lesson in how to be happy.

What a wonderful opportunity I have today. I am looking forward to reinforcing it all through the day. And if I forget, instead of feeling guilty, I will just remind myself of the truth again as soon as I remember.

The truth is I am not limited and neither is my brother. It brings me joy to bring this happy truth into my awareness again. The road Holy Spirit takes us on is truly a happy one. Joining with my brother, we return Home together as we truly see that we are not limited by the illusions of this world.


The more I work with the Course, the more I am recognizing the subtle ways I see myself as limited. If I judge anything or perceive any form of conflict or difference, I am seeing myself as limited. I could not have these thoughts if I recognize myself as part of the one Self God created as His Son. If there is only one, there cannot be anything to judge or see as different or be in conflict with.

The glory of God's Son is the glory of God, for They are one. The Son of God is What I am. He is not some distant figure in the past or future. He is now, in me, What I am.

The Son of God must be joyous, for joy is an attribute of Love. The Son of God must radiate the Light of Love, for He is Love. This is what I need to remember in every moment to know the joy and peace that is God's gift to me. Today I would remember I am not limited, for all that God is, is part of me. Thank you God. I Love you God.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-