Friday, January 2, 2009

Lesson 238 On my decision all salvation rests.

Lesson 238

On my decision all salvation rests.

Father, Your trust in me has been so great, I must be worthy. You created me, and know me as I am. And yet You placed Your Son's salvation in my hands, and let it rest on my decision. I must be beloved of You indeed. And I must be steadfast in holiness as well, that You would give Your Son to me in certainty that he is safe Who still is part of You, and yet is mine, because He is my Self.

And so, again today, we pause to think how much our Father loves us. And how dear His Son, created by His Love, remains to Him Whose Love is made complete in him.




The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-
-


Lesson 238
"On my decision all salvation rests."

My Self is God's Son. My Self is the one Self we all share. It is this Self, Which is Love, that unites us all as one and unites us with God. Being Love, this Self shares God's holiness. My only decision is whether to accept this Self as my Identity or to choose a fake identity.

This fake identity is made up and therefore cannot be united with the Self that is my reality. This fake identity is limited and weak, fearful and riddled with guilt. It sees attack and destruction everywhere and never feels safe. Its existence depends upon attack to protect itself from attack. Peace is impossible to this fake identity, for it sees itself as alone and separate from the many other identities that seem to populate its world. Belief in this identity makes it seem to be real and the Identity created by God seems unreal.

Yet believing in this fake identity is a decision, but it is a decision that can be reversed. This fake identity ceases to appear to exist the moment it is no longer supported by belief. This is salvation. The moment I release all belief in separate identities, the world is free and I remember the Self God created as His Son. The extension of Love replaces the projection of guilt. Peace replaces conflict. And God's glory replaces a sense of unworthiness. One decision made without reservation changes it all.

Belief in a separate identity has been reinforced, layer upon layer. And so the undoing of this belief seems to come layer by layer. There still seems to be reservations in choosing against the false identity. Some aspects of this false identity still seem to be attractive. Gratefully, as I let go of believing I am separate and alone, the false identity is less and less attractive. More and more I realize and accept that my happiness lies in accepting that I am Love and nothing else. And so is everyone.

Holy Spirit, guide my vision today to see the Love in everyone that I may recognize my Self. Thus will I contribute to the salvation of the world, which cannot be complete while I believe there could be anything but Love. Holy Spirit help me to see that only Love is real.


Love extends only Love. Love's extension is God's one Son. There are not a million different sons. There is only one Son, Which is Love. If I think I am something other than Love, I am mistaken. Love is constant. Love is changeless.

Because I have believed that something else was real, my job now is to refuse to support the world of dreams and malice. My job is to let these dreams go quietly down to dust. My job is to lay these dreams aside so the memory of God, the memory of truth, can return to my awareness.

God is always there as I am willing to lay illusions down. Truth is true and nothing else is true. Today am I going to support illusions or support the truth? God's trust in me is total. Today I practice seeing past dreams of separation to What is eternally true. Today I practice opening up to my one Self, remembering that I never left. Dreams are just dreams and have nothing to do with reality. Today I would practice remembering that this is so.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-