Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lesson 233 I give my life to God to guide today.

Lesson 233

I give my life to God to guide today.

Father, I give You all my thoughts today. I would have none of mine. In place of them, give me Your Own. I give You all my acts as well, that I may do Your Will instead of seeking goals which cannot be obtained, and wasting time in vain imaginings. Today I come to You. I will step back and merely follow You. Be You the Guide, and I the follower who questions not the wisdom of the Infinite, nor Love whose tenderness I cannot comprehend, but which is yet Your perfect gift to me.

Today we have one Guide to lead us on. And as we walk together, we will give this day to Him with no reserve at all. This is His day. And so it is a day of countless gifts and mercies unto us.










The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-




Lesson 233
"I give my life to God to guide today."

As I read the lesson this time, the line in the prayer that reminds me not to question "Love whose tenderness I cannot comprehend" got my attention. I thought of what tenderness means. To me it means a desire to keep safe and not harm.

We think of the tenderness of a mother with a newborn child, who holds the baby tenderly to comfort and protect. The thought of harm could not occur. And yet this tenderness is but a hint of the tenderness of God's Love for us. His Love is wholly harmless. His Will is that we be safe and comforted beyond anything we could experience in this world. His care for us that we share His joy and know His sure protection is beyond words to describe.

To experience His care and comfort, we need only give our life to Him to guide. He will always guide us in perfect safety on a pathways cushioned with soft moss and lit with the warm Light of His Love. In His sure protection, nothing can disturb our peace. This is His promise.

Today I would remember my will is God's Will. I want His Will to guide me because I want to remember I am God's Love. I give my life to God to guide today.


The way I give my Life to God is to give Him all my thoughts. Having my own thoughts is a defense against the oneness of God. Thinking I am an individual, alone and separate from God and the Sonship is very fearful. Handing these thoughts over to God brings relief. Reconnecting with God brings an awareness of safety and well being. It brings peace.

Today I will practice giving all my thoughts to God and having none of my own. To do this I must be mindful of my thoughts and remember to hand them over consistently all through the day. God would replace them with His. This is my joy and safety. This is my happiness. Today I give my life to God to guide.


I, too, am going to make a special effort to be mindful of my thoughts and to give to Holy Spirit any that are not thoughts of God. I know from doing this how effective it is in retraining my mind to think with God instead of with ego. It also brings peace to my day. Thinking about dedicating my mind to God today feels like I am doing something very holy and very important. I look forward to today and the joy and healing it will bring.


There's a certain kind of freedom in knowing that I don't know or comprehend love and tenderness. The Course has taught me that and it is a lesson I'm willing to learn. It's a tremendous relief to realize that I was wrong about the world. Of course, that puts me in a position where I don't recognize tenderness when it's in my face. But as long as I am willing to step back and let Him lead me, turn over all my thoughts to Him and open myself to His thoughts, the fog begins to clear. My world is still there, but I begin to see it in a different light, a tender light.

Today, I surrender my life to you, Holy Spirit, to guide me to that place where my Heavenly Father waits for me with tenderness and welcoming arms to receive His gifts. Amen.


This lesson I will print out and place where I see it daily as a reminder of my first priority upon arising. Daily, hourly, minute by minute, I will give my life to God to guide today. How peaceful and easy this feeling is and how quickly my ego will attempt to get me turned around!

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-