Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lesson 227 This is my holy instant of release.

Lesson 227

This is my holy instant of release.

Father, it is today that I am free, because my will is Yours. I thought to make another will. Yet nothing that I thought apart from You exists. And I am free because I was mistaken, and did not affect my own reality at all by my illusions. Now I give them up, and lay them down before the feet of truth, to be removed forever from my mind. This is my holy instant of release. Father, I know my will is one with Yours.

And so today we find our glad return to Heaven, which we never really left. The Son of God this day lays down his dreams. The Son of God this day comes home again, released from sin and clad in holiness, with his right mind restored to him at last.








The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-


Lesson 227
"This is my holy instant of release."

Every moment is my holy instant of release. I don't have to wait to be released from the tyranny of the ego. In every moment I have a choice. I choose either illusion or reality. Though choosing illusions blinds me to reality, reality remains ever present, unchanged by my choice to believe illusions are real.

If I experience a world of separation, it is because I have chosen it. It doesn't seem like I have anything to do with its seeming existence. Yet in every moment that I am perceiving separation, it is because I am choosing to see it.

Hidden deep below conscious awareness is the desire for specialness that chooses separation over unity and wholeness. From that desire and choice I get everything that comes with the belief that separation is real: Conflict, loss, lack, loneliness, fear and guilt. These are but a few of the symptoms of having made the choice for illusion rather than truth.Gratefully the choice for illusion can never be permanent, for my mind remains eternally united with God. The memory of my Source remains with me forever, even though it may seem to be forgotten beneath layer upon layer of illusions. I may believe I have left God and experience it as so, but God has never left me. His Love still embraces me and supports me and calls me to return to the Home where I belong. I feel that call in my heart. It is the cause of all my searching.

While the ego directs me to search where I cannot find the Love and peace I want, the Holy Spirit is ever present, ready to guide me where I will find the release I seek. I am grateful for the Course, which teaches me how to recognize the false images offered by the ego. I am grateful that it teaches me how to bring these images to the Holy Spirit, Who shows me that they have no substance and no effect on the truth of What I am. With His help I lay them down, recognizing that what has no effect must not exist.

Every instant is my moment of opportunity. Today I am dedicated to practicing recognizing false images and taking them to the Holy Spirit, where He helps me release them in gentle laughter and joy. And thus I am released.


I quiet my mind and ask the Holy Spirit to bring me my holy instant of release. The Holy Spirit responds by bringing the Light of peace and a sense of well being into my mind. I feel washed in peace. I relax in its gentle presence. I rest from the busyness of the world.

I am reminded that there is nothing my holiness cannot do. And bringing me the holy instant is easy as my willingness grows to accept the truth. The truth is always in my mind, waiting for my acceptance. I open to it now. Behind every illusion, there God is. Behind every form there is wholeness. Behind every false idea lies the truth. Only God exists.

Today I would accept my holy instant of release. Today I would let illusions be released. Today I would be free of the limiting ideas of the ego. I would learn to laugh at them, for they could never be true. I would learn to accept God's peace and follow the lead of the Holy Spirit, which always brings me my holy instant of release when I am ready to accept it.


And the more I practice this, the easier and more natural it becomes. That release, even in the temporary and incomplete way I allow it in my mind is such an incredible blessing. I am left feeling as if God Himself has just given me a gentle kiss on the cheek and a warm hug. Wow! What will my life be like when I completely surrender to God's Love and His Will?

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-