Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lesson 222 God is with me. I live and move in Him.

Lesson 222

God is with me. I live and move in Him.

God is with me. He is my Source of life, the life within, the air I breathe, the food by which I am sustained, the water which renews and cleanses me. He is my home, wherein I live and move; the Spirit which directs my actions, offers me Its Thoughts, and guarantees my safety from all pain. He covers me with kindness and with care, and holds in love the Son He shines upon, who also shines on Him. How still is he who knows the truth of what He speaks today!

Father, we have no words except Your Name upon our lips and in our minds, as we come quietly into Your Presence now, and ask to rest with You in peace a while.




The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-


Lesson 222
"God is with me. I live and move in Him."

If I live in God, I must be perfectly safe. God is Love and nothing else. There can be no harm in Him. I live in Love and harmlessness. To experience this I must forgive God for not meeting my demand that He give me the specialness He could not give. And I must forgive myself for rejecting God because He could not meet my demand.

The ego made the body in order to make it appear that specialness is possible. But it is an illusion and could never be real. If I am offended in any way, it is because I believe that it is possible that I could be hurt. I could only believe this if I believe that I am the image that the ego has made. But I live and move in God. The Self that lives in God could never be an image, for what is one could never contain distinct and different images. What is one must be all the same by definition.

If I live and move in God, I must be an extension of God. All God's attributes are mine. All His gifts are mine. Because it is God's Will that I am one with Him, it is impossible that I could ever be harmed.

Each time I perceive a threat of any kind and take it to the Holy Spirit for Him to shine His healing Light upon it, I come closer to full remembrance of the life I live in God. I come closer to the experience of His peace. I remember that what I thought my brother did to me never occured.

Forgiveness is the means by which I awaken to my Home in God. I am grateful that I have the means through which I can remember that God is with me.


There is only one real life and that is the life I live in God. There is only one Love and that is the Love of God. God's Love is changeless and eternal. This means my life is changeless and eternal.

The only usefulness the body has is its use as an instrument of the Holy Spirit for awakening from the dream of separation. Beyond every form is Love. If I look for Love I will find Love. I give thanks that this is the truth.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-