Friday, November 21, 2008

Lesson 209 & Lesson 210 I am not a body. I am free.

Lesson 209

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(189) I feel the Love of God within me now.

The Love of God is what created me. The Love of God is
everything I am. The Love of God proclaimed me as His
Son. The Love of God within me sets me free.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.




Lesson 210

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(190) I choose the joy of God instead of pain.

Pain is my own idea. It is not a Thought of God, but one I
thought apart from Him and from His Will. His Will is joy,
and only joy for His beloved Son. And that I choose, instead
of what I made.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.




The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-



Lesson 209
Review: "I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me."
"I feel the Love of God within me now."

I feel the Love of God when I recognize that the Love of God is everywhere and is eternal. The Love of God is all That is. Receiving and giving the Love of God is all that can be truly received and given. Inherent in accepting the Love of God is giving the Love of God. Inherent in accepting and giving the Love of God is feeling the Love of God.

There is only one Love and that Love is universal. It is continuous. It is always present. It is all that is real. We all are mind that lives in the eternal and ever-present Love of God. Experiencing the Love of God is what is natural. In fact it is the only natural thing in the world. It is the only reality. Anything outside of God's Love is illusion.

Accepting and giving the Love of God is really all that we ever could do because It is all we ever Are. It is our life. It is our totality. It is our very beingness. It is our one Self. Am I willing to accept and give my one Self today? Today is for practice in accepting and giving the Love of God. Nothing else is more important because nothing else is real.


When I identify with being a body in a world of separate bodies and forms, I am identifying with the ego's attempt to limit Love. The ego is the idea of rejecting the equality, the all inclusiveness and limitlessness of God's Love. This is why it is important to proclaim again and again until I fully believe that I am not a body. I am free. I am still as God created me.

Love cannot be limited and be Itself. Thus I cannot feel the Love of God within me as long as I believe in a limited image of myself. Because God's Love is limitless, it is that Love within me that sets me free.


Love is forever extending. To know my freedom in God's Love I must extend His Love, equally and unequivocally. That is the only way Love can be extended. It is the only way I can know God's Love, feel It and know my Self.The body is not what I am. I do not have to accept the ego's purpose of limitation for the body. As I dis-identify with the body as what I am, I am free to give it a different purpose. As I strengthen my identification with the Love of God as What I am, the body's purpose now becomes to be the means by which I extend His Love to all my brothers.

The body then becomes His Voice, His hands, His feet to carry and express His Love to all who believe they are limited by a body. As I use the body to teach Love, I learn that I am Love. The Love of God within me sets me free. I remember i am still as God created me.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.




Lesson 210
Review: "I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
"I choose the joy of God instead of pain."

What stands out to me in this lesson is that God's Will for me is joy and only joy. If I am not experiencing joy, I must be choosing against God's Will. Pain is my own idea, not a Thought of God. All the discomfort I experience -- stress, anxiety, impatience, feeling hurried -- are all the result of choosing against God's Will. Choosing God's Will must bring me joy because that is what His Will is.

Is it a sacrifice to accept the joy of God? Part of me must think it is because part of my mind tenaciously hangs on to this image I have made of myself that never feels quite secure or safe and seems to need to constantly be alert for hazards of some kind. This image of a vulnerable self hides from my awareness the Self that knows and is the joy of God.

The joy of God is already in me. In fact, the joy of God is me. I don't need to do anything to experience His joy. I only need to stop maintaining a false image that obscures my awareness of my true Self. That is why I must continue to repeat, "I am not a body. I am free. I am still as God created me." As I reinforce that focus more and more, the false image of a limited self softens and fades. The way is gradually cleared to see the joyous Self that God created one with Him. As I withdraw identification with the limitations of a body, I am free to choose the joy of God instead of pain.

I am willing today to continue to practice remembering that I am not a body. I am free. I am still as God created me. I can choose the joy of God instead of pain. This choice is simply the choice to be what I am in truth. I am deeply grateful for these lessons, which help me release a false self-image and clear the way for return to my Self as God created me.


This morning I woke up with a sore muscle in my shoulder. In today's lesson I am reminded that pain is my own idea. It is not a Thought of God. This is one more place where I need to open my mind to the healing presence of the Holy Spirit. The pain in my shoulder is an effect of a thought apart from Him and from His Will. My job now is to open my mind to the Holy Spirit's healing perceptions and let myself be led to a change of mind.

On my own I do not know. The Holy Spirit is the healer and the healing needs to happen in my mind. The sore shoulder is merely an effect of a thought that is still residing in my mind. Pain is not of God. It is through forgiveness or letting go of some form of thought of separation that needs to be loosened and undone in my mind.

Holy Spirit, You know the way. I am willing to relax and open to Your healing Light. This is what I choose instead of pain. I am not a body. I am free. I am still as God created me. Today I choose to remember this and return to it again and again to heal my mind.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.
-
-