Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lesson 157 Into His Presence would I enter now.

LESSON 157


Into His Presence would I enter now.


This is a day of silence and of trust. It is a special time of promise in your calendar of days. It is a time Heaven has set apart to shine upon, and cast a timeless light upon this day, when echoes of eternity are heard. This day is holy, for it ushers in a new experience; a different kind of feeling and awareness. You have spent long days and nights in celebrating death. Today you learn to feel the joy of life.


This is another crucial turning point in the curriculum. We add a new dimension now; a fresh experience that sheds a light on all that we have learned already, and prepares us for what we have yet to learn. It brings us to the door where learning ceases, and we catch a glimpse of what lies past the highest reaches it can possibly attain. It leaves us here an instant, and we go beyond it, sure of our direction and our only goal.


Today it will be given you to feel a touch of Heaven, though you will return to paths of learning. Yet you have come far enough along the way to alter time sufficiently to rise above its laws, and walk into eternity a while. This you will learn to do increasingly, as every lesson, faithfully rehearsed, brings you more swiftly to this holy place and leaves you, for a moment, to your Self.


He will direct your practicing today, for what you ask for now is what He wills. And having joined your will with His this day, what you are asking must be given you. Nothing is needed but today's idea to light your mind, and let it rest in still anticipation and in quiet joy, wherein you quickly leave the world behind.


From this day forth, your ministry takes on a genuine devotion, and a glow that travels from your fingertips to those you touch, and blesses those you look upon. A vision reaches everyone you meet, and everyone you think of, or who thinks of you. For your experience today will so transform your mind that it becomes the touchstone for the holy Thoughts of God.


Your body will be sanctified today, its only purpose being now to bring the vision of what you experience this day to light the world. We cannot give experience like this directly. Yet it leaves a vision in our eyes which we can offer everyone, that he may come the sooner to the same experience in which the world is quietly forgot, and Heaven is remembered for a while.


As this experience increases and all goals but this become of little worth, the world to which you will return becomes a little closer to the end of time; a little more like Heaven in its ways; a little nearer its deliverance. And you who bring it light will come to see the light more sure; the vision more distinct. The time will come when you will not return in the same form in which you now appear, for you will have no need of it. Yet now it has a purpose, and will serve it well.


Today we will embark upon a course you have not dreamed of. But the Holy One, the Giver of the happy dreams of life, Translator of perception into truth, the holy Guide to Heaven given you, has dreamed for you this journey which you make and start today, with the experience this day holds out to you to be your own.


Into Christ's Presence will we enter now, serenely unaware of everything except His shining face and perfect Love. The vision of His face will stay with you, but there will be an instant which transcends all vision, even this, the holiest. This you will never teach, for you attained it not through learning. Yet the vision speaks of your rememberance of what you knew that instant, and will surely know again.







The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-



Lesson 157
"Into His Presence would I enter now."

In God's Presence there is only happiness, only Love. This Love is all inclusive and complete. It asks for nothing and gives everything. It is constant and eternal. There are no words Here, but an overflowing feeling of joy and fullness. This is eternal Reality. This is all there is in Truth. There are no separate forms Here; nothing to divide. All is one complete Whole. This Presence is What everyone is. I would practice returning to this Presence again and again today. It is the only Reality.


The Presence I would enter is my own, my Self. It is nothing new. It is timeless. It is What I have always been in truth. It is a return to Love, to my natural, innate Being. It is the most natural condition in the world. It is a condition of peace, joy and limitless Love. In that Presence, it is only possible to see Love and joy and peace and offer It to all.

We are promised that the faithful practice of these lessons will bring us to a point in which it is easy to quickly reach that state of full awareness of our Self. With this awareness, the body is given a new purpose, a purpose of bringing the vision that this awareness carries to the world. That is really the only meaningful purpose for the body in this world. As we see with the vision of Christ, we see only innocence and offer only Love. Behavior matters not, for this vision shows us the reality of Love beyond the form.

Today I will join with His Presence to hold Christ's vision in all that I see. With His help, I will see the innocence beneath the fear, anger and guilt that seems to be acted out in this world. I will recognize the call for Love and answer with Love. By doing this I will know the Love in me, my Self. I can offer and receive no greater gift. I put my hand in His today and let Him lead the way. It will surely be a blessed day.


Last night I dreamed I was in a place with a crowd of people. No one I knew well, just familiar faces and strangers. Suddenly I looked directly at a person and realized I was seeing that person as they really were. I was looking past my perceptions and seeing the innocence of her true self. Physically she looked no different, but I knew better and I felt a welling up of joy. I don't remember anything else about the dream, but as I was getting dressed this morning that part came back to me, feelings and all, like a gift from God.


I had a very similar dream just a few days ago. I was surrounded by many persons but their physical identity did not make any difference. The important interaction happening was a facilitation of the Voice for God. I felt profoundly happy and joyful in the circumstances.

When I awoke I was not sure who was facilitating and who was being facilitated, as it seemed to involve everyone. This also seems to be stemming from this series of lessons, not just today's. Truly our bodies are sanctified with our recognition of our only purpose of being God's light in the world. We really are touchstones for the holy Thoughts of God if we allow ourselves to remember who we are.

Thank you for sharing your experience for it was so similar to my own that I felt compelled to share mine also. Truly we all live lives greatly blessed by our daily practice of focused awareness on the shared Christ Presence. Today I walk with Holy Spirit to God with my brothers and sisters in peace, joy and love. This is how I enter into Christ's Presence today and every day. In this I am truly blessed.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.