Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lesson 143 & 144 (125 - 128)

LESSON 143


My mind holds only what I think with God.


(125) In quiet I receive God's Word today.
(126) All that I give is given to myself.


LESSON 144


My mind holds only what I think with God.


(127) There is no love but God's.
(128) The world I see holds nothing that I want.





The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-
Lesson 143
Review: "My mind holds only what I think with God." and
"In quiet I receive God's Word today.
All that I give is given to myself."

God's Word is Love. Its attributes are peace and joy. It makes sense that to receive God's Word, I must be at peace. The maze of conflicting thoughts of the ego cannot conceive of the simple unity of Love. Learning to quiet my mind is an essential step in preparing myself to receive God's Word. If I want the peace of God, I must welcome the peace of God.

If I am attracted to the drama and conflict of the ego, I will not welcome God's peace. As I learn to recognize that nothing in this world offers me anything I really want, my willingness to quiet my mind increases. Quieting my mind is a gift I give myself, for it is the gift of healing, of returning to my Self as I was created in Love.

Today I ask the Holy Spirit to help me see the meaninglessness and valuelessness of the ego's drama's. I seek to clear the way to a quiet mind and receive God's Word of Love unchanged and unchangeable. With the Holy Spirit's help I will see the Love in all my brothers. I will not be deceived by behaviors or circumstances in form. I will offer only the vision of Love to my brothers so that I might receive Love's gifts.


In another lesson, Jesus says "God is but Love and therefore so am I." Because I am Love, my mind in reality can hold only Love. In the Text it says that Love means sharing all Love with all. This means that as I return to the awareness of the Love that I am, I also return to the awareness that as Love, I am eternally giving all Love to all. And because Love is one, I am receiving all Love from all.

Because I have tried to make something different from God's Love real, I experience something different from God's Love. As I am willing to quiet my mind, I am learning to sink below the chatter of the differences I made up. Below the chatter there is peace, there is the quiet mind. There is God's Word. There is Love. There is simplicity. There is one Self, where giving and receiving are the same. In this sacred place of quiet, nothing has changed from Love. Here is the eternal now, the holy instant, the changeless unity of Love. My mind holds only what I think with the Love that I am.

Holy Spirit, lead me today, that I may be aware of the Love that is always present in all circumstances. Holy Spirit, help me remember that I can only receive Love and give Love in truth, because my mind holds only what I think with Love. Help me remember this today. Help me extend only Love. It is in this way that I will remember that I am only Love. Help me remember to rest in Love today. Help me to remember that only Love is real.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.


Lesson 144
Review: "My mind holds only what I think with God." and
"There is no love but God's.
The world I see holds nothing that I want."

As I take the time to do this lesson this morning, I am struck by how important this practice is in readying my mind to open to God's Love. Taking this time to open my mind and let it be cleared and quieted of all worldly thoughts, I receive the blessing of God's peace and joy. I see how important it is to return to this quiet place in my mind that is always there. It is only through consistent practice with opening up to the sacred place in my mind that I recognize its value.

As I go through my day, all the worldly activities seem so important. But I am learning that nothing is more important than opening my mind to God. Nothing is more important than opening my mind to the truth of what is real. Then when I go back to my daily activities, I can practice bringing that feeling of God's Presence with me. There is nothing more important than God's Love, because nothing else is real.

Anything that changes is part of the illusion. Within my mind there is a sacred place that is eternal. And What is in that sacred place is What I am and What everyone is. In truth, my mind holds only what I think with God, and that is eternal. I am determined to rest in God today as I practice the hourly remembrances.


The ego loves to keep the mind preoccupied with busy doings in the world. It always has a "to do" list that includes more than can possibly done in the time available. As long as I let the ego be my guide, my mind will be occupied with seeming thoughts that block my awareness of the thoughts I share with God. If I place priority on the ego's list, I shut God out and keep myself separate and alone. I don't have time to quiet my mind and become aware of the thoughts of Love I share with God.

All the striving and doing of the ego come from the belief that there is something I see in the world that I want. Somehow accomplishing the "to do" list will get me what I want. If I look beneath the layers of form, I see that what I think these forms will offer me have something to do with specialness in some way. Specialness is the ego's substitute of God's Love. Today's lesson is telling me that there is no Love but God's. And that is why nothing I see in the world offers me anything I want. Specialness is an empty substitute for Love.

It is important that I take the time to quiet my mind and open to the awareness to the thoughts of Love that I share with God. This is what I truly want. This is where I will find the only Love there is in truth. This is where I remember my Source. From this place of remembrance, I can return to my list of 'to do's' with a new perspective. No longer is the list a means of being stressed and isolated. It now becomes a means of extending Love. Some things on the list may be dropped entirely, for they are seen as having no purpose. Others are given a new purpose. The form of doing may remain the same, but the content now is Love.

Holy Spirit, help me today to follow your lead in all my doing that I may use every moment as an opportunity to extend Love.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.