Thursday, July 17, 2008

-Lesson 124 "Let me remember I am one with God."

LESSON 124


Let me remember I am one with God.


Today we will again give thanks for our Identity in God. Our home is safe, protection guaranteed in all we do, power and strength available to us in all our undertakings. We can fail in nothing. Everything we touch takes on a shining light that blesses and that heals. At one with God and with the universe we go our way rejoicing, with the thought that God Himself goes everywhere with us.


How holy are our minds! And everything we see reflects the holiness within the mind at one with God and with itself. How easily do errors disappear, and death give place to everlasting life. Our shining footprints point the way to truth, for God is our Companion as we walk the world a little while. And those who come to follow us will recognize the way because the light we carry stays behind, yet still remains with us as we walk on.


What we receive is our eternal gift to those who follow after, and to those who went before or stayed with us a while. And God, Who loves us with the equal love in which we were created, smiles on us and offers us the happiness we gave.


Today we will not doubt His Love for us, nor question His protection and His care. No meaningless anxieties can come between our faith and our awareness of His Presence. We are one with Him today in recognition and remembrance. We feel Him in our hearts. Our minds contain His Thoughts; our eyes behold His loveliness in all we look upon. Today we see only the loving and the lovable.


We see it in appearances of pain, and pain gives way to peace. We see it in the frantic, in the sad and the distressed, the lonely and afraid, who are restored to the tranquility and peace of mind in which they were created. And we see it in the dying and the dead as well, restoring them to life. All this we see because we saw it first within ourselves.


No miracle can ever be denied to those who know that they are one with God. No thought of theirs but has the power to heal all forms of suffering in anyone, in times gone by and times as yet to come, as easily as in the ones who walk beside them now. Their thoughts are timeless, and apart from distance as apart from time.


We join in this awareness as we say that we are one with God. For in these words we say as well that we are saved and healed; that we can save and heal accordingly. We have accepted, and we now would give. For we would keep the gifts our Father gave. Today we would experience ourselves at one with Him, so that the world may share our recognition of reality. In our experience the world is freed. As we deny our separation from our Father, it is healed along with us.


Peace be to you today. Secure your peace by practicing awareness you are one with your Creator, as He is with you. Sometime today, whenever it seems best, devote a half an hour to the thought that you are one with God. This is our first attempt at an extended period for which we give no rules nor special words to guide your meditation. We will trust God's Voice to speak as He sees fit today, certain He will not fail. Abide with Him this half an hour. He will do the rest.


Your benefit will not be less if you believe that nothing happens. You may not be ready to accept the gain today. Yet sometime, somewhere, it will come to you, nor will you fail to recognize it when it dawns with certainty upon your mind. This half an hour will be framed in gold, with every minute like a diamond set around the mirror that this exercise will offer you. And you will see Christ's face upon it, in reflection of your own.


Perhaps today, perhaps tomorrow, you will see your own transfiguration in the glass this holy half an hour will hold out to you, to look upon yourself. When you are ready you will find it there, within your mind and waiting to be found. You will remember then the thought to which you gave this half an hour, thankfully aware no time was ever better spent.


Perhaps today, perhaps tomorrow, you will look into this glass, and understand the sinless light you see belongs to you; the loveliness you look on is your own. Count this half hour as your gift to God, in certainty that His return will be a sense of love you cannot understand, a joy too deep for you to comprehend, a sight too holy for the body's eyes to see. And yet you can be sure someday, perhaps today, perhaps tomorrow, you will understand and comprehend and see.


Add further jewels to the golden frame that holds the mirror offered you today, by hourly repeating to yourself:


Let me remember I am one with God, at one with all my brothers and my Self, in everlasting holiness and peace.





The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org


-Lesson 124
"Let me remember I am one with God."

As I did today's exercise, it was interesting to observe the ways my resistance played out. As I focused on the idea that I am one with God, I began to experience a hint, like being on the fringes of what it would feel like being one with God. It felt very calm, free from doubt and above all, loving. It was like being in love, without limiting that love to one special person. It was very safe. I would experience that hint of that feeling and then I would realize that my thoughts had wandered off to something in my physical world experience.

It was amazing the trivial things that would get my attention and I would follow the thought rather than stay with that calm, peaceful, certain, strong and loving feeling that I was experiencing with remembering I am one with God. Things like thinking about a movie or television show I had seen or thinking of something I needed to do or was planning for some time in the future. By the time I realized where my thoughts were, I was well into the identification with this world once again.

So I would bring myself back and focus once more on remembering I am one with God. Again I would begin to sense a hint of what it would feel like to remember this and I would discover again that my mind had followed some meaningless thread of images associated with this world. I kept bringing myself back, repeating the cycle several times. I see that the ego is quickly bored by peace and unity and freedom from conflict. I see that my habitual pattern is to be preoccupied with this world and all its images.

This is not something to feel guilty about but it is certainly clear that much practice is needed in another way of being and thinking. When I think of the dedication to practice that a professional musician or athlete has and think about what my life would be like if I maintained that level of dedication throughout my day to remembering I am one with God, my life experience would change profoundly. I am grateful for the exercises in the Workbook that provide the means for me to move in this direction.

My dedication to applying the principles from the Course in my life is stronger than ever, yet there is plenty of room for more. So I will keep practicing. I have tasted the certainty, the peace, the happiness and Love that is waiting for my acceptance. I am willing to keep practicing, to open my mind further toward full acceptance of God's gifts. In gratitude I will remember I am one with God, along with all my brothers.


This lesson guides me to open my mind to Love's Presence. This lesson guides me to practice letting my true Identity, Love's Presence, come to the forefront of my mind. This allows me to feel the peace of God. It allows me to be aware of what is truly meaningful, of what is real behind the false masks of this world. When I am willing to look with the Holy Spirit, God is always there in every person, in every situation waiting to be recognized.

I am seeing how important this lesson is in my practice of remembering the truth. When I really think about it, what could be more important than this? God is always in my mind, because I am one with God. God's Voice is always there to guide me as I am willing to open to Its loving Presence. As I gradually let the Holy Spirit take over writing the script of my life, I notice that things get easier, smoother, more relaxed. My life becomes more simplified and I find myself less inclined to get involved with meaningless pursuits that take time away from opening to God and listening to His Voice.

As the Holy Spirit is allowed to take over more and more, distractions from what is truly important take less and less of my time. I want more and more to be aware of God's peace and extend God's peace in this world. It becomes a higher priority to let the Holy Spirit make all my decisions. A feeling of gentleness and well being gradually takes over and becomes more consistent in my state of mind. I am more and more willing to be quiet and listen for the Holy Spirit's inspiration. The ego's thoughts seem less and less attractive, it's detours seen more clearly for what they are.

I see that today's lesson is at the core of all awakening to reality. The whole Sonship is one with God. The world of separation is meaningless. Do I want Love or another lesson in love? Do I want peace or conflict? Each day I am making my choices with every thought I continue to hold in my mind. Today's lesson is a practice of opening me further and further into the recognition that I am one with God. God is always in my mind, waiting for my return. Giving time to God is the most important thing I could do. What a happy thing to practice -- remembering I am one with God all through the day. How fortunate we all are to have this wonderful help on our journey of return to the truth.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.