Monday, June 23, 2008

Lesson 102 “I share God’s Will for happiness for me.”

LESSON 102


I share God's Will for happiness for me.


You do not want to suffer. You may think it buys you something, and may still believe a little that it buys you what you want. Yet this belief is surely shaken now, at least enough to let you question it, and to suspect it really makes no sense. It has not gone as yet, but lacks the roots that once secured it tightly to the dark and hidden secret places of your mind.


Today we try to loose its weakened hold still further, and to realize that pain is purposeless, without a cause and with no power to accomplish anything. It cannot purchase anything at all. It offers nothing, and does not exist. And everything you think it offers you is lacking in existence, like itself. You have been slave to nothing. Be you free today to join the happy Will of God.


For several days we will continue to devote our periods of practicing to exercises planned to help you reach the happiness God's Will has placed in you. Here is your home, and here your safety is. Here is your peace, and here there is no fear. Here is salvation. Here is rest at last.


Begin your practice periods today with this acceptance of God's Will for you:


I share God's Will for happiness for me, and I accept it as my function now.


Then seek this function deep within your mind, for it is there, awaiting but your choice. You cannot fail to find it when you learn it is your choice, and that you share God's Will.


Be happy, for your only function here is happiness. You have no need to be less loving to God's Son than He Whose Love created him as loving as Himself. Besides these hourly five-minute rests, pause frequently today, to tell yourself that you have now accepted happiness as your one function. And be sure that you are joining with God's Will in doing this.







-----------------------------------------------------------------


The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org






Lesson 102
“I share God’s Will for happiness for me.”

I really appreciate Jesus revealing the underlying motive of all suffering. Atoning for sin is purposeless. Pain is purposeless. As I practice quieting my mind and going to that inner place of peace, I do find a quiet, gentle happiness there. I find a sense that all is well and that nothing has ever changed.

I really do appreciate this thought reversal training. My experience of the world changes as I change my mind. I am seeing that these are not just words. It is really true. Beneath the turmoil of the world, there is peace, there is happiness, there is universal Love. There is oneness.

I choose now to practice, hour by hour, to remember the truth behind the images of the world. Suffering is purposeless -- just silly ego stories made up in madness. I can loosen my grip on these stories and remember that as part of Love’s extension, happiness is my one function. What a wonderful idea to practice all day today! What a wonderful opportunity to heal my mind.

How helpful it will be to observe and become aware of all the little places where I still believe that suffering will give me something I want. Today is an important day given me to heal my mind. Sin is meaningless. Separation is meaningless. Pain and suffering are meaningless. True happiness is only of God. I happily affirm today, again and again, that I share God’s Will for happiness for me. Happiness is my one function.


I see this lesson as another step in remembering that I am still one with God. I remain as God created me, unchanged. For if I share God’s Will for happiness for me, I must be one with Him. If I don’t think I deserve happiness, then I must believe I am separate from God.
This world was made to make it appear that separation from God is real. With that comes the belief in harm. At its core is the belief that I harmed God by separating from Him. This could only bring guilt.Along with guilt comes the inevitable belief that punishment is justified. In this belief, punishment is seen as payment for the sin of separation. And in its twisted thought system, pain is also seen as the way to return to God. Thus pain is seen as a means to heal separation. Yet it is impossible that what reinforces the belief in separation, making it seem more real, could be the means to heal separation. It is another example of the ego’s motto, “Seek and do not find.” Thus all forms of pain, from mild irritation or disappointment to intense rage and deep depression, from a minor body ache or malfunction to “life” threatening disease. All these symbols of pain and sacrifice serve only to reinforce the illusion of separation -- illusions made to make illusions seem real. Being illusions, they accomplish nothing in truth.

Today as I practice remembering that I share God’s Will for happiness for me, I loosen my identification with the body and all of its forms of pain and suffering. I move closer to recognition of the truth about me as God created me. I move closer to the recognition of the one Self that is me and all my brothers. I move closer to the comfort, safety and happiness that God has given me and that is mine to claim. I accept God’s happiness for me now. That is my one function. That is my meaning. I share my meaning with God, for He is the Source of all meaning.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.