Friday, May 30, 2008

LESSON 80 Let me recognize my problems have been solved.

LESSON 80


Let me recognize my problems have been solved.


If you are willing to recognize your problems, you will recognize that you have no problems. Your one central problem has been answered, and you have no other. Therefore, you must be at peace. Salvation thus depends on recognizing this one problem, and understanding that it has been solved. One problem, one solution. Salvation is accomplished. Freedom from conflict has been given you. Accept that fact, and you are ready to take your rightful place in God's plan for salvation.

Your only problem has been solved! Repeat this over and over to yourself today, with gratitude and conviction. You have recognized your only problem, opening the way for the Holy Spirit to give you God's answer. You have laid deception aside, and seen the light of truth. You have accepted salvation for yourself by bringing the problem to the answer. And you can recognize the answer, because the problem has been identified.

You are entitled to peace today. A problem that has been resolved cannot trouble you. Only be certain you do not forget that all problems are the same. Their many forms will not deceive you while you remember this. One problem, one solution. 6 Accept the peace this simple statement brings.

In our longer practice periods today, we will claim the peace that must be ours when the problem and the answer have been brought together. The problem must be gone, because God's answer cannot fail. Having recognized one, you have recognized the other. The solution is inherent in the problem. You are answered, and have accepted the answer. You are saved.

Now let the peace that your acceptance brings be given you. Close your eyes, and receive your reward. Recognize that your problems have been solved. Recognize that you are out of conflict; free and at peace. Above all, remember that you have one problem, and that the problem has one solution. It is in this that the simplicity of salvation lies. It is because of this that it is guaranteed to work.

Assure yourself often today that your problems have been solved. Repeat the idea with deep conviction, as frequently as possible. And be particularly sure to apply the idea for today to any specific problem that may arise. Say quickly:


Let me recognize this problem has been solved.

Let us be determined not to collect grievances today. Let us be determined to be free of problems that do not exist. The means is simple honesty. Do not deceive yourself about what the problem is, and you must recognize it has been solved.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------



The Following is Forwarded from Pathwaysoflight.org





Lesson 80
“Let me recognize my problems have been solved.”

If only Love is real, then there can be no real problems. Separation is the only problem and separation in reality has never occurred. So the problem of separation has been solved. All are still within the Mind of God. As I remember this, I return to peace, remembering that the only problem has been solved.

This lesson reminds me of another place in the Course which asks me to rise above the battleground to see the Love that is always there. When I am willing to open to God’s Love and really receive It, I come to the awareness that Love is all that is important. Love is all that is real. In this place of remembering Love, I realize that the conflicts that constantly arise within the stories of separation are just a series of attempts to make the false ideas of separation real.

I do not have to fight what I recognize is an hallucination. I do not have to fight the ego. I do not need to make the ego real. In fact, letting go of making the ego real is what helps me realize that the one problem has been solved.

Love is eternal. Love is changeless. Love cannot be threatened. What is not Love does not exist. Realizing this, I return to peace. Peace is constant. It is only when I try to make what is not real my reality that the appearance of problems could arise. Thank God this could never happen in truth. Thank God that only Love is real. My only problem has been solved.


This lesson makes it clear how simple salvation truly is. There is only one problem and that problem has already been solved. In our experience in the world, simple and easy do not necessarily equate. The difficulty in accepting the solution is not because the problem is complex. The difficulty comes from lack of willingness. It comes from a deeply held desire to have specialness, which was the cause of the belief in separation in the first place. In order to fully accept that separation is the only problem and accept its solution, I must be willing to relinquish specialness. This is what forgiveness is for.

Every judgment is an attempt to maintain specialness. It is an attempt to distinguish and therefore separate me from what I judge. By making it appear that there are myriad differences, I hold the illusion of specialness in place. Consequently I cannot see the underlying common thread that makes all the problems the same.

This is exactly what the ego wants. Because as long as I see problems as different, I will look for solutions where no solution can be found.

By practicing today’s lesson, by reminding myself all through the day that my problems have been solved, I am accepting the possibility that I may have been looking for solutions in the wrong place. If my problems have been solved, but I don’t perceive them as solved, I must not be looking where the solution is. As this idea becomes more prevalent in my mind, I become more and more open to be led to accepting the real solution. Whether I apply this idea to a specific perceived problem or repeat it as a general affirmation, I am accelerating my process of relinquishing my grip on belief in a false reality.

I am deeply grateful for the genius of the Holy Spirit for the many tools offered in the Course to help me question all that I thought was real and open my mind to new possibilities. Today, no matter what conflict I look upon, I would remember that all my problems, all conflict, has been solved. God’s Love remains unchanged. And being extensions of God’s Love, all God’s Sons remain unchanged, as God created Them.


Isn't this a perfect follow up to the lessons we have been learning? I worked on yesterday's lesson as often as I could. I tried to see the real problem in every upset, every negative thought. Now that I have my mind around the idea that each one stemmed from the same mistaken idea, that I am separate, I can consolidate by doing the same thing today except I will recognize that not only are all problems the same, they have been solved.

I like what we are doing with this set of lessons. I feel like a gardner who has spent the winter months clearing the land, preparing the soil and planting the seeds. I am beginning to see the fruits of my labor. Just as I am seeing the first blossoms of spring out my window, I am seeing blossoms within.

©2003, Pathways of Light, Inc. http://pathwaysoflight.org You may freely share copies of this page with your friends, provided all copies include this notice.